[plug] Modems

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sat Nov 27 08:00:12 WST 1999

> Anyway, there's two approaches to buying a modem. One way is to buy a
> cheap modem that "works for you" - well, until you move, or change your
> ISP or they upgrade their dialin servers. The other way is to get an
> expensive modem which may not have so many cut corners, but even they
> will fail you sometimes.

Well, the Wave wasn't especially cheap - it was in the same price-bracket
as Netcom's Roadsters at the time as I recall.

Certainly I will avoid those around $100, but the Wave here is
well-described as rubbish current Waves still have similar prices to
Netcom and USR roadsters.

I've no doubt that Couriers and Smartmodems will do an excellent job, but
then I'm spending $400 or so; I'd rather not.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield