[plug] Serial port access to a router

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Sat Nov 27 09:36:00 WST 1999

On  0, subb3 at ibm.net wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to connect to a Cisco router via console. The
> router and the linux box are connected via a serial cable.
> I have seyon but have never used it. What device name is the serial port on?
> I need to access this router and any help is appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Hello again,

I did connect finally connect to my router but from a NT box.
Could not spend the time to find the serial communication packages.
seyon refuses to work with all the following devices.

ttyS0 for com1
ttyS1 for com2
ttyS2 for com3
ttyS3 for com4.

So, I connected the cable in the NT box and hyperterminal established
the connection. Once I get the configuration straight, I will use the
LAN connection to telnet to it.

Thanks to all those who replied.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net