[plug] Using Crack 5.0

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Nov 30 22:10:10 WST 1999

subb3 at ibm.net wrote:

> I have downloaded the latest Crack 5.0. When I run,
> The Crack does not try to crack my passwords. Am I invoking Crack with
> the wrong syntax? How can I test the password qualities of my users?

It's been awhile since I last used Crack so maybe I'm way off here but
from your message it sounds like it is working correctly.  After you run
Crack it puts the cracking process into the background -- check
ps/top/your load average to confirm that this is the case.  If it is not
working then the best I can do without downloading, installing and
testing it myself is to say: re-read the instructions carefully and
check the output/logs it generates for any feedback.

Regards,

Christian.

                				        - Henry Spencer