[plug] Just started with linux, need help

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Oct 5 11:00:48 WST 1999

Denis Brown wrote:
> One source that I've found helpful is Matt Welsh et al's "Installation and
> Getting Started Guide" now at version 3.2 and this is available in a number
> of forms (PDF file, HTML for direct viewing and so on) from the Linux
> Documentation Project at
> http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/docs.html#guide    (and probably Australian
> mirror sites??)  Section 3.10 deals with files, permissions and groups.

http://www.linux.org.au/LDP

I second this recommendation - it's a good document and Matt Welsh is
also one of the co-authors of the book I recommended previously. :)

Regards,

Christian.

--
The human mind is designed to win arguments; it is used to justify
actions at all costs. It is not designed to seek the truth.