[plug] RHL 6.0 install probs

GB gb at perthpcug.org.au
Tue Oct 5 12:07:26 WST 1999

You are probably right John,

It was late at night, and I was getting a little short on patience..

Running off the C: drive would work for me. Has before.. I didn't have SCSI
dramas, but an external IDE CDROM which wouldn't play in DOS.. Same drama in
effect though.

Garry.

>> Your second HDD, assuming you have only one partition on the c: drive, will
>> be d: under DOS.
>> In Linux it should be hda1 for the c:, and hdb1 for the d:. You will need to
>
>hdb1 is a primary partition. While it might be coorect in Daniel's case,
>my guess is hdb5.

Windows 98: n.
 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
 written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.