[plug] trouble compiling zip drive support

barry average at wantree.com.au
Thu Oct 7 18:52:01 WST 1999

the default kernal couldn't find the zip drive kept saying there was nothing
there on auto find. i didnt have the info to tell it what to look for with the
parameters. this happened on both my laptop and desktop. Under rh5.0 it was
found on both machines.

i recompiled both the new kernal and the modules.

under xconfig i turned on the relevant parts for scsi support and iomega ppa
support then recompiled using make dep; make clean; make bzImage; make modules
make modules_install and then installed the kernal in /boot and reran lilo