[plug] Mail questions

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Thu Oct 14 07:17:04 WST 1999

> > Hiya all,
> >
> > Some questions on e-mail.
> >
> > 1. I have installed the Cyrus IMAP mail server and it has installed a
> > reconfigured deliver to Cyrus sendmail.cf file. This version of the
> > sendmail.cf file requires the following files:
> >
> > 	/etc/mail/ip_allow
> > 	/etc/mail/name_allow
> > 	/etc/mail/relay_allow
>
> Those are obsolete with sendmail 8.9

So most likely the sendmail.cf file is based on an earlier version of
sendmail. Is this going to make a difference to me being able to route mail.

By the way, how does ones make sendmail act as a forwarding server only
(i.e. smtp request for domains other than local are sent to the ISP's smtp
server).