[plug] HELP

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Sat Oct 30 21:10:37 WST 1999

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Stephen Smart wrote:

> when I connect to the internet nothing else works unless I have opened it
> previously. I cant even open a terminal to exit I have to hit the reset switch.

Is this new? When did it start happening? What did you do/change before
that?
- Check you /var/log/messages file for errors - its like the NT event log.
- Try using the text command line. You really need to learn Unix
commands if you  are using linux without a support technician.
- maybe try a different window manager? - does the problem persist?

> anyone in the Armadale area could give me a hand to set this thing up.

Armadale is a long way, but I'll phone. If I can telnet in i might help.

> rather Im a moron (quite possible) or this computer needs more than the average

Getting started can be very frustrating, or not, depending on luck. But it
gets better.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
Oh, yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.
                -- John Cougar, "Jack and Diane"