[plug] Version,

lloy0076 lloy0076 at senet.com.au
Tue Sep 14 18:12:00 WST 1999

Peter:

> I am just starting out with linux and have purchased the APC pocketbook.It
> has two different versions in it.Red hat 6 and openlinux 2.2.

This could be quite a complex debate. As I am a RedHat user I would
advise you to use Red Hat 6.0. It's what I am familiar with.
Nonetheless, RedHat 6.0 does have a number of small quirks that can
become quite irksome for a beginner. RedHat does have a very busy
mailing list - go to www.redhat.com to find its details - which can
answer most questions about RedHat and linux in general.

OpenLinux is purported to be quite good. Essentially, I would sneak into
a local bookstore and read about the two linuxen and make a decision
that way about which one you prefer. I would personally recommend
RedHat, but then again, linux is about your choice, not someone else's.

DAVID L.