[plug] Version,

Rick (VK6EP) rickd at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 14 20:01:48 WST 1999

At 17:31 14/09/99 +1000, you wrote:

>Advice Please.
>
>I am just starting out with linux and have purchased the APC pocketbook.It
>has two different versions in it.Red hat 6 and openlinux 2.2.
>
>Which do you think I should load?
>
>Thanks
>
>Peter

It seems that some of the members in this group either lack comprehension
or thinking ability or both.

This poster is 'NEW' to Linux. My guess is that he just wants to experiment
with a system to see if it's for him. It appears most likely that he
doesn't really want to know which is the 'best' distro. He is more likely
to be concerned with which distro is the easiest to set up and get going,
from a 'NEW' user's perspective.

How about giving him a fair go.

If I've got it wrong Peter, by all means yell at me and set me straight.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html