[plug] Version,

lloy0076 lloy0076 at senet.com.au
Tue Sep 14 20:42:41 WST 1999

"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:

> It seems that some of the members in this group either lack comprehension
> or thinking ability or both.
>
> This poster is 'NEW' to Linux. My guess is that he just wants to experiment
> with a system to see if it's for him. It appears most likely that he
> doesn't really want to know which is the 'best' distro. He is more likely
> to be concerned with which distro is the easiest to set up and get going,
> from a 'NEW' user's perspective.

Very well. RedHat 6.0 is very easy to install provided you read the
manual that comes with the distribution - I understand that the APC
magazine comes with instructions. Once in it's relatively easy to use.
That has been one of RedHat's strengths. It's also one of Caldera's
strengths.

Again, I reitirate, I would advise you to use RedHat but I'm a RedHat
user and it's what I'm used to. I honestly believe that they'd both be
quite easy to use because they're both designed to make Linux relatively
easy.

DL.

<sidesnipeatSUSE>
SuSe is a cebuano and tagalog word similar to "shit" or "bugger". Yast
is cryptic for "translated from German into XYZglish". SuSe also means 6
cds when one RedHat CD installs EVERYTHING you'd need.
</sidesnipeatSUSE>