[plug] Version,

russ russ at powerstech.com
Tue Sep 14 21:58:36 WST 1999

lloy0076 wrote:
<snip>
> <sidesnipeatSUSE>
> SuSe is a cebuano and tagalog word similar to "shit" or "bugger". Yast
> is cryptic for "translated from German into XYZglish". SuSe also means 6
> cds when one RedHat CD installs EVERYTHING you'd need.
> </sidesnipeatSUSE>

I found suse a bit easier than redhat and it detected my hardware much
better. I can't get a redhat installed linux to run X on my computer.
I've yet to be unable to load suse on a machine.

And it installs KDE as default. Coming from a windows environment,
which most newbies are, KDE is a lot easier to grasp.

I think the best advice I've heard for a newbie is to try as many
flavors as you can before you become so far entrenched you can't
change.

It's been so peaceful on the list the last week or so. I hope this
doesn't start a war. ;)