[plug] Version,

Auto parts World peter at apworld.com.au
Wed Sep 15 05:09:21 WST 1999

Rick,

You hit the nail on the head.I do have 3 pc's and wish to setup a linux
server for a small network.As well as a permanent connection to the net.But
have never used Linux before.

Peter

Thanks

It seems that some of the members in this group either lack comprehension
or thinking ability or both.

This poster is 'NEW' to Linux. My guess is that he just wants to experiment
with a system to see if it's for him. It appears most likely that he
doesn't really want to know which is the 'best' distro. He is more likely
to be concerned with which distro is the easiest to set up and get going,
from a 'NEW' user's perspective.

How about giving him a fair go.

If I've got it wrong Peter, by all means yell at me and set me straight.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html