[plug] new linux user

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 28 22:55:58 WST 1999

Tom,
 welcome to linux and plug. A few points that may help:
- use the subject line. In this case it might include 'gdm', so
	that someone who uses that program may read the message.
- please dont post HTML to the list. Some people dont use MS outlook.
- please keep line less than 75 columns, or its hard to quote and reply.

A core dump is used by a debugger such as gdb. But 'file core' will tell
you what dropped it. Try "gdb <program-path> core" to debug it, if youre
keen.

  What window manager do you use? It may be obvious to those who use it,
but will save the rest of us some time.

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Tom Baric wrote:

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.     -- Dave Barry