[plug] My Rave for the day

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Apr 7 11:33:58 WST 2000

G'morning all

Having recently moved my cd recorder from my windows box to my
linux box, I'm just going to say how damn impressed I am..

Windows would NEVER let me write at 4x on-the-fly, over a loaded
10BaseT Network.. it would always buffer underrun, linux does not
even blink.
Only lftp'ing 600MB of files over the network seems to upset it
a bit, but with the buffer bar in Xcdroast, you can see a pending
upset and stop the offending process long before you crank out a
coaster..

Also, a quick rave about Xcdroast 0.98 Beta 5..
You have to be root to use it, at the moment, but to be able to write
audio or data or a combination, on the fly, over a network is very
cool.. And it's easy enough to use, that the point and click brigade
would have no trouble using it..

I'm sold.. no more piping mkisofs to cdrecord for this little black
duck !

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would