[plug] Advice needed

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Apr 10 14:41:52 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:
> I'd be surprised if you couldn't do something similar with rpm (although
> perhaps not with the ease, but that has been covered in previous threads)

If a new RPM isn't available, get the old source RPM, edit the spec
file, plug in the new sources and generally that's it. One command then
makes source and/or binary RPMs - and maybe other things. rpm -U
name_of_new_RPM will almost always upgrade without making any
dependencies sad.

--
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee.