[plug] linux/hardware drivers.

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 10 17:55:40 WST 2000

Mark Davis wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm new to PLUG and while I've been using/playing with linux for nearly 2 years I am still a bit of a newbie.
> Could some one point me to a site that supply's drivers for my modem/sound card (aopen 56k flex internal ) and my printer ( Lexmark 1020 ).
> I've been to the factory sites but they don't seem to support linux.( The Bums )
> Are there any generic drivers?
> At the moment I run Corel's new linux but I'm open to change if I have to.
> My machine is a Celeron 333 with 128Meg ram and 4gig H/D.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

For the particular printer, go to
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark&format=summary

For devices in general, or, for information about how to do things in
Linux, go to http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX-3.html

If you follow the links frm that page, with all the other information
you can find, you can find what printers run with Linux, etc.

Bret Busby