[plug] IPV4 some advice

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Wed Aug 9 07:57:59 WST 2000

BillK wrote:

> OK, try using the Mandrake DrakConf/network.  it allows you to turn on
> firewall and masqerade settings including an adaptive firewall called
> heimdall quite easily.  You will still need the modules for ftp and irc
> etc (I loaded them in rc.firewall).  The bad news is if you have tried
> to get it going manually, you end up making it hard to do in the fashion
> Mandrake intended because it does not anticipate that default settings
> may have changed.  Here's to their poor/non existant documentation as
> its quite hidden!

Your quite right its very difficult to find relevant documentation for
Mandrake set up
in addition many of the config files appear not to be where various howto's
would put them.

Does Mandrake have an undocumented way of starting packet forwarding?
Are any of the other distributions any easier to setup?