[plug] Virtual Name Hosts

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Aug 14 10:02:35 WST 2000

Hiya,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 09:52:41AM +0800, skribe wrote:
> At 23:57 13/08/00, Leon Brooks wrote:
> >Do you have Apache set to allow access to /* or /home/* or only to
> >/home/httpd/html/* ?
>
> I'm a little fuzzy on your use of terminology (poor English teachers
> ;).  If you mean given access through the <DIRECTORY> tag, yeah, access is
> given to /, /home/httpd/html and also sometimes
> /home/httpd/other-domain.  I mention sometimes, because, when I do that,
> other-domain/index.html replaces my html/index.html.  It's very weird.

I'd suggest have 2 virtual host blocks, one with the original information
and the other for other-domain.

If you specify a namevirtualhost (and it's IP) then you should specify *all*
handled sites in virtual host blocks.

The order you do the blocks also determines the default site to dish out if
the HTTP "host:" header is missing.

Regards,

Jason Nicholls