[plug] Post fix

Emerge squirrel at emerge.net.au
Mon Aug 21 08:28:54 WST 2000

Hi I have intstalled postfix on my Redhat 6.1 system I also uninstalled sendmail
however when I check my mail on my Linux system I get and error I am useing
Outlook Express

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Linux', Server: 'linux', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

On my previous install I did not remove sendmail and everything seemed to work fine .
I thought that removing sendmail  completly would keep the system cleaner.
I dont recall having to set up a POP3 server but my memory is not what it used to be.
? How do I check the POP3 Server