Telstra (Re: [plug] ADSL?)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon Aug 21 14:29:53 WST 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Bret Busby wrote:

> I know of a man in this area, who shifted house, and has been waiting
> over four months to get a telephone number...

So he hasn't got a phone connection at all?

Telstra have a Customer Service Guarantee where you are guaranteed to get
a residential phone line installed within 20 working days of order, and
for every day they are late (if it's their fault) they pay you money.

I know someone who moved into a new neighbourhood, and Telstra was so late
getting the phone installed, that rather than the $170-odd it costs to get
a phone line put in, he paid nothing, and had a few dollars credit on his
first bill.

Also, one of the companies in this building ordered a business line, and
because there are no more lines going into the building, Telstra have
had to supply them with a "temporary" phone (basically a cellular phone
with modular socket, with a touchphone plugged into it, except they've
hooked it straight into the PABX :)

 - Matt