[plug] installing red hat 7 on a clean hard drive

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Dec 6 07:31:39 WST 2000

"Corfield, Jones" wrote:
> If I am installing red hat on a new clean hard drive is it necessary to
> format it under windows first or will Anaconda detect the drive and
> enable me to linux format it with disk druid?

James, sometimes it is necessary to format a hard drive with *Linux* first, in
order that Windows may believe in it and be installed. Linux needs no help from
Windows! (-:

--
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'" -- C.S. Lewis