[plug] Lilo on replacment drive

Thomas, Andre thomasa at wa.switch.aust.com
Fri Dec 15 15:25:58 WST 2000

Hello,

I have stared at this for too long now and hope you can point out the
obvious to  such a begginer as myself.

I have a new hhd which I plan to swap for one currently in a server.  It
has all the files from the original HDD on it.  I have set the /boot
partition as the bootable partition in fdisk.  It is all great; I have
hdc all prepared with reiserfs and more capacity to replace our current
ras box however...  I cannot make it boot.

I pressumed that lilo -r /mnt/hdc1 would work, (hdc1 is /boot) however
it returns with the message "cannot find /etc/lilo.conf" as an error
message.  I am lost...  Help anyone??

Cheers in advance...

| André Thomas                  | Phone:   08 9256 1099 / 08 9256 0065 |
| Computer Systems Support      | Mobile:  0414 242 912 / 0418 956 250 |
| Union Switch & Signal, Perth  | e-mail:  thomasa at wa.switch.aust.com  |