[plug] ISPs

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Tue Dec 19 18:03:42 WST 2000

> I have been with Westnet for at least 4 years now and at $44 inc. GST per
> month Unlimited Time, Unlimited Meg's, 5 Email addresses and 10Mb in web
> space with FTP access they are great. Their support is voicemail and
> operated 8-5 Perth time but not on sundays (I think) and they also have
> support for non connection problems via ICQ.
> The perth server has gone down once during 2000 and that was because of
> Telstra's line upgrades. They covert the entire state and fully support
> Linux (which they use on their servers (Debian Distro).

I am with Westnet too... and am very happy with them... but their
accounts are no longer unlimited downloads... this changed at the
beginning of November... all new accounts are now limited to 750Mb
before you get charged an excess (still a very generous limit by most
standards)

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            Western Australia  6009      Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
                                                               *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au