[plug] TV interference (otopic)

John Summerfield summer at OS2.ami.com.au
Wed Feb 2 21:12:39 WST 2000

> >When my computer is on, I get interference on the TV in the way of red
> >and green diagonal lines.  Some points
> >1) The interference is only on Channel 9 (is this a good or bad thing
> >;-) )
> >2) The interference is coming from the box (not modem, screen or
> >printer)
> >3) The computer is in the room futherest from the TV
> >4) There is an aerial port unused in the computer room
>
> RFI from (typically older) computers mostly originates in the monitor and
> is best controlled at source ie. remove the computer to another room, or
> plug it into a different power circuit to the TV if possible. If not, there
> are three things I know of which may help (possibly by doing all three)

The square waves from the M/b are murder; the sum of all harmonics as I
recall, meaning it's liberal in resonance.

My guess is the signal's getting to the TV antenna. Try moving the
computer away from the antenna wire; not it's probably in a wall.

Alternatively, if you can, disconnect the run from the Computer at the TV
end.

Someone suggested changing clock speed; changing bus speed's also a
possibility - it may be resonating with the 50/60/66/75/83/100/133 Mhz bus.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield