[plug] New to list

Mike Massen, Network Power Systems erazmus at wantree.com.au
Wed Feb 2 23:07:31 WST 2000

Hi cHaps,

Just joined the list, have been using Win 3.11 with several systems for
a few years (quicker then W95), its OK as I can run multiple dos sessions
and do lots of DOS based cad programs, relatively reliable even whilst
on net with Nutscrape 4.08, Eudora 3.06 - yada yada...

I'm completely new to linux and wonder if this is feasible:-

A.	Install linux fresh on a Hdisk 420Mb cap but retain the old
	DOS file system - since all my other stuff will be MSDOS 6.20
	and I'm not yet setup for file transfers, no usable NICs :(
	(This way I can dump/save/refresh files easily) ?

B.	Load the appropriate program to allow me to use those CAD
	MSDOS pograms - like SCHEDIT, TRAXEDIT etc, DOS emulator ?

C.	Have some GUI front end like (better!) then Win 3.11 ?

Tah,

Rgds

Mike Massen

Ancient Sufi saying:
        "Should your God save you from adversity, choose another God"

Pictures of site installation at Mendulong near Sipitang, Sabah (Malaysia) for
container based RAPS...   http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus

Vehicle modifications on GMH Turbo, twin tyres, possible 175Kw at wheels
Preliminary pictures at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/

My editorial on twin-tyre opinion and good reference about tyres:-
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2195/ttyreopinion.html