[plug] Redhat 6.0 - killing X

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 11 14:19:29 WST 2000

Hi all,

I'm hoping there are some Redhat 6.0 users out there that might be
able to help me with this -

I've got a Redhat Linux 6.0 machine with a fairly standard install,
XFree86, Gnome, etc. I'd like to

(a) kill X
(b) change the startup scripts so it doesn't try to start X on bootup.

Simply trying to kill the X process doesn't work - they just get
helpfully restarted, which is driving me mad.

Can anyone offer advice on the "correct" way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
ARTHUR:       What do you mean?  An African or European swallow?