[plug] Local StarOffice...

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 14 12:56:36 WST 2000

Regarding all the discussion about obtaining Star Office, either by CD, or by
online download; I got a copy of the Sun CD, from Sun, in the building that used
to be the CASA building, on the corner of Victoria Avenue and St George's
Terrace/Adelaide Terrace in Perth, diagonally opposite what used to be the
federal tax department building.

The CD was free, possibly because I was a full-time student, and the CD has the
versions for the various OS platforms.

I had suggested, at the December 1999 AGM, that someone also get a copy for the
PLUG CD library, but I don't know what happened about that.

On the CD cover, and on the CD, it has Star Office 5.1, and, Revision A. I
assume that is the Star Office 5.1a, that has been discussed.

I have not yet installed it, due to a slight problem of a full hard drive. (why
do they always make these things with not enough room!)

But, perhaps, someone could consider following that source up, and, perhaps, if
not done already, obtaining a copy, for the PLUG CD library.

--

Bret Busby