[plug] New install prob

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Sat Feb 19 02:26:13 WST 2000

Have upgraded or more to the point bought a new hard drive for my system.

The new  HD more  memory option seemed like the best upgrade path for me.

I have a Fujitsu 13.6GB drive  I consulted the Large HD mini how to and
opted for a simple
16MB /boot partition and the rest for / with a 128MB swap.

I am booting form MBR on hda1 and have a second option to boot from the
boot partition
on hdc1

I pass hdc=1661,255,63  to the kernel at boot time.

My problem is I get a message to say kernel panic no init found.

I have checked that initab is actually there and tried altering the run
level.

What else could I try.

Cheers    Mark