[plug] Unix Beginners Textbook?

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 00:34:24 WST 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 07:44:29AM +0000, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying to find a good Textbook for the UNIX Beginner, with as many of
> the following as possible:
[...]

I hope it's had a new edition by now, but ;

Title: "UNIX for the Impatient"
Authors: Paul W. Abrahams/Bruce R. Larson
Publisher: Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 0-201-55703-7

was one of my Uni textbooks that seems to meet your requirements pretty
well. No webby stuff in my copy, but all the traditional FTP/news/telnet
type Internet references. If you add a copy of the HTML spec or an online
tutorial, that might be sufficient.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal