[plug] Quakeathon III - The Final Details!

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 12 10:20:19 WST 2000

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 09:42:14AM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:
>
> >     It may please you to note that Garry, along with our
> >     Illustrious President, busy Secretary and loquacious ex
> >     President of Vice, does not have Windows on either his work or
> >     personal machine.
>
> Actually, to be accurate, my work machine does have Windows on it,
> but it is used very rarely, and then only for the purposes of
> playing Rally Championship 2000. I hope you won't think any less of
> me. :)

Having noted that Windows users will be laughed at but not excluded :),
and non-members can attend, I'd like to come along, it sounds like
fun. Hm, I should probably mail that directly to Leon....

At any rate, I would like to be able to get Q3 running under Linux,
not to mention all the other stuff that uses 3D acceleration (and
there's not much point to having dual CPUs under Winthing).

Have any of you guys successfully got 3D stuff working with a Diamond
Viper TNT2 card? I've spent a quite few hours on various occasions
trying to get it working (mainly testing withthe OpenGL screensavers)
and haven't got anywhere. Yes, I'm a Debian type.

>  - Matt

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

184. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead
     your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"