[plug] quakeathon and quakes

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jan 20 10:38:15 WST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Jamie wrote:

> secondly whilst i can get glx happening with q2 & the q3 demo im not
> able to change video modes and q3 and the module arent playing correctly ...

"aren't playing correctly"??
Mine works fine (Quake3 - demos & full version (Linux, of course)),
although I'm using Mid-December .deb packages for glx-mga. (Uses the old
GART).

Mine does bomb out when I change any of the Video settings (doesn't seem
to like re-initialising the engine), but if you know what you're doing,
you can edit the config file directly to change settings. (It's in ~/.q3a
or similar).

> the matrox boxes stay white and the bar never gets half way past ...

If you run as root, the top-left box should be purple, indicating
direct-rendering mode. Very sweet (altho requires running as root). I get
a little over 30fps in 800x600 with medium geometry, Lightmap, Decent
textures, and all the extras on (on a Dual Celeron 400).

I'm not sure on the current state of the CVS, so take all this info as
current as of mid-December. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :