[plug] Netscape 6

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 19 20:47:21 WST 2000

Greetings all:

I downloaded Netscape 6 the other night, unzipped it, and ran the
installation routine, apparently without much difficulty although there
are no INSTALL or READMEs  files to follow. The graphics are notably
different from the 4.7 version, and problem no 1 seems to be to get rid
of the installed 4.7 otherwise the command line brings this up every
time. I am using RH6.2 which has an uncanny habit of retaining the files
which one has laboriously deleted!  However this done, I find that
although I have configured the program (in much the same way as in
earlier Netscapes, i.e. via Edit/Preferences, and these seem to be
similar to the old version,  if I dial up my ISP the connection is not
established.

Has anyone out there got Netscape 6 to work, and is so using Netscape6.
Obviously something has been overlooked.

Cheers   Len Bird.