[plug] Press Release

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Thu Jul 27 14:18:02 WST 2000

>List,
>
>Coming to Richard's defence. His contributions to Linux and mailing
>lists in general is beyond calculation in my opinion, just like lots of
>other people who subscribe to lists.

Agreed, as judged by what I've seen of Richard's submissions to this list.

>I personally do not have a problem
>with his original e-mail, it was harmless after all.

Me neither. The lack of critical answers to this query indicates (to me at
least) that not too many other people on the list are really bothered about
this issue either. Mike Holland even made the effort to say as much.

As I have found and used to my advantage, local commercial linux knowledge
of list members can be a very useful resource, even if it is occassionally
unsolicited. When someone is consistently abusing the list without
contributing anything, I think list response will be unabiguous.

My vote is very strongly for a relaxed list where minor preceived
transgressions or even the occasional larger transgression does not
immediately invite flames and/or long debates  wasting bandwidth and
peoples time.

Dave.