[plug] Attacking spoofers

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Jun 1 15:40:36 WST 2000

"Earnshaw, Mike" wrote:
> Is there a way
> (is it worth it?) that I can catch the "real" person and follow it back?

> I'm just paranoid about somebody getting in and want to slap them with a
> rotten dead fish or something

I've read about someone who traced the cracker back to their ISP, used
the cracker's own cracks at the ISP to get their user info, looked them
up in the phone book, stalked them, beat the crap out of them, stuck
cocaine inside their hubcaps and told the (US) Feds where it was,
result: cracker is now doing a 3 year drugs sentence. Is this the kind
of thing that you had in mind?

--
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee.