[plug] Internet connection failures:

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 10 15:36:12 WST 2000

Hi all:

I have been using Mandrake 7 with the KDE GUI and I must say that it is
the most user friendly distro of Linux to date, although RH-6.2 has also
improved its image.

However I am unable to get a completed connection to my ISP using kppp,
simple though the procedure for setting up is. The breakdown comes about
after log in and at the end of the usrer/password routine.  The error
message recieved suggests that
the "Secret Password" is either missing or incorrect, a further error
message advises  that the "daemon has died unexpectedly"    I have
needless to say checked the password and other data minutely but cannot
make any progress. Mandrake/KDE
appears to support "user" use of the kppp dialer, whereas  more often
than not SU is required to access the system.

Can anyone enlitghten me,    TIA

Regards,  Len Bird