[plug] School proxy/monitoring saga

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Jun 15 11:42:08 WST 2000

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:15:47AM +0800, Peter Wright wrote:
> Yeah, he did. I re-stated that too in my response to her and
> emphasised that that should be more than adequate for her purposes.
> Hell, if I remember rightly, Luyer (who I think is still working at
> UWA on the UCS network) is actually a Squid developer. If they're
> willing to pay the price, there's quite a number of very skilled
> people in WA able to provide support for limited periods of time.

David Luyer is now working in Sydney for Zip World (Pacific Internet). He is a
routing genius!

> As far as getting Linux support in WA, I would probably suggest an
> email-based support contract with Redhat or Linuxcare - along with a
> moderately clueful, though not necessarily Linux-fluent, tech person
> adminning the machine should suffice admirably.

I remember a company being setup as a network of professionals that could
offer their services (for a price). I think it was called linuxcare:

	http://www.linuxcare.com.au/

Yup, it works but I gotta run for an exam so I don't have time to check it out
;)

Regards,

Jason Nicholls