[plug] Installfest

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Jun 20 09:48:13 WST 2000

Heya,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 09:41:22AM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> ON a related note.
>
> What distros do you think we should have there.
> 	debian
> 	mandrake
> 	RedHat
> anyone got (and is prepared to be the resident expert in)
> 	slackware
> 	strom
> 	corel
>
> I was thinking that we could setup an machine to be an NFS server for the
> distros.  That way we need fewer CD's for the install.
>
> How does that sound ???

Surely we can get the companies involved with the distributions above to
donate CD's for this event (they have done before for Expo's in Australia).
With Australia wide coverage the Installfest is sure to get some media
attention and so it's probably in their interest.

Has anyone tried?

Later,

Jason Nicholls