[plug] Installfest

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jun 20 09:55:10 WST 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Jason Nicholls wrote:

> Surely we can get the companies involved with the distributions above to
> donate CD's for this event (they have done before for Expo's in Australia).
> With Australia wide coverage the Installfest is sure to get some media
> attention and so it's probably in their interest.

I like the idea.

> Has anyone tried?

Not that I know of.   The issue is that the installfest is a rolling roadshow.
to many LUGS pulled out of a "single date" type event where EVERYONE installs
linux.

currently only 2 LUGS have firm dates for the event. I'll put it up that we
should see if we can get some CD's.

For the current list of participants checkout.
http://www.linux.org.au/installfest/

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein