[plug] remote terminal

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 23 09:28:18 WST 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Phil Pearson wrote:

> I need a program that will telnet with a SCO Unix box. Minix works well

How about "telnet"? Isn't "Minix" an OS?
Are you telneting across a network, or using "minicom" on a serial line?

Either way, SCO is Unix, so should be using terminfo (or the older
termcap). Do you have an application which doesnt? That would be unusual.

> untill I need to press a function button. So does anyone know of any
> programs that support SCO ANSII emulation for linux? Now I read

That is probably the wrong way to go. Try setting TERM=xterm and using
xterm.
  Hang on ... are you saying SCO has its own version on ANSII? X supports
different character sets too.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--