[plug] Dial on Demand question

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Wed Mar 15 08:45:34 WST 2000

So far I have only been using the gui interface to pppd under KDE. This
makes no mention of the 'demand' and 'defaultroute' options. I have also
been looking under the bonnet to find these scripts and get into them.
There  seems to be at least two areas that contain such files: /etc/ppp and
/sysconfig/network-scripts.
I have been looking at the doco and so far have not had much success.
Any chance of a little more info on the scripts you are using, where the
should be located and how/when to activate them?

Regards,
Chris

At 09:11 14/03/2000 +0800, you wrote:

>You are using the 'demand' and 'defaultroute' options for pppd, right?  I
>start pppd in an rc script, with these options set.  When it sees any
>traffic, it brings the link up.  Check out these options in man pppd, also
>the holdoff and idle options.
>
>bakes
>--
>Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au - Integra Consulting Group