[plug] OT: HD Data recovery

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Mar 21 10:09:30 WST 2000

Greg Raftery wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Sorry for being off topic. I was wondering if anyone knows of a company in
> Perth that recovers data from hard drives, or has a solution to my problem.
>
> I put my drive from my Win95 box at home into my NT 4 box at work, and
> foolishly run disk administrator and said yes when it asked to add a disk
> signature. Now I cannot read anything from any OS (Linux, Win95, NT, W2K),
> as the partition table seems to have been blown away by NT. :(
>
> Any ideas? (I am in the doghouse in a big way with the better half!...lost
> all of her data)
>
> Ta,
> Greg Raftery
Having done similar things in the past, and spent months reconstructing disks
by hand (ie hand linking 60mb of fat entries) I have a bit of experience with
rebuilding disks.. want to hurl it my way and I'll look at it for you?

If you pass that up, give Doctor Disk a call...

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would