[plug] Multiple Xservers/prev kde question

William Kenworty billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 22 22:41:58 WST 2000

Your not the only one Dez, It was on my list of things to do.  Now I can do it,
the next question is:  Is there an easy way to get it to use the next available
Xserver without scripting (prob put it in the startx script) to read the
display variable etc? (why do all that work if there is an obvious answer!)
The intention is to allow the kids to use their login and Xdisplay without
shutting mine down which usually has many apps open at the same time  so I can
either always match the same virtual terminal to a login or preferably  just
the next available.   "man" is no help here!

Also, had no replies as to my prev asking if anyone knows how to stop kde
(Mandrake 7.0) from escaping quote characters including ' " ~ `.  This is
really annoying so if anyone knows the solution - HELP!

BillK

--
William Kenworthy
icq# 32340520