[plug] <NEWBIE> KDE

Scott, Simon Simon.Scott at SEALCORP.com.au
Wed May 3 09:33:28 WST 2000

1) Check your /dev/cdrom link? A few programs use this link to specify the
primary cdrom.. otherwise quite possibly the 'properties' of the icon
specify the device (???)

2) Change the group ownership on the /dev/??? device file to allow read and
execute for the group, and nada for others, and then add those users you
want to be able to access the cdrom to the group in /etc/group.... I dont
think you can mount a device without having execute privs on the device
file..

Am I smoking crack here people? Im up to armpits in VMS at the moment.. :\

 "With all the security bugs in JavaScript and all the pages that use
  it, a lot of sites are best viewed with telnet www.something.com 80"
                                                       -- Darren Embry