[plug] win98 install after linux

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 26 10:51:42 WST 2000

Im installing a dual boot system for a user. She wanted NT and linux,
which was prepared, now she wants win98 and linux instead. Ive always
installed winXX first and then linux second. Now I dont want to redo
the linux install if I dont have to but...

Win98 setup doesnt seem to know the difference between partitions and
drives. The drive has been partitioned under linux fdisk and has it's
first partion fat32 (was ntfs), it's second partition is linux's root.

the win98 setup is saying

"To remove the non-MS-DOS partition, setup will delete all files on
your 1st hard drive...."

Does any know if it will really do this or if it will just wipe the
first partition?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065