[plug] OT word processing

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Thu Oct 5 09:21:47 WST 2000

In a state of mass confusion, Carl Gherardi wrote:
> Cant remember who sent it but products such as microsoft work do have
> functionality similar to latex and other markup languages
> Most people do simply use it as a WYSIWYG editor but this does not
> necessarily have to be the case.

Huh?  Microsoft (Sometimes) Works is just a bunch of "integrated",
scaled-down office apps from when I last checked (admittedly a while
ago).  LaTeX is a highly sophisticated text processing system.  There is
no comparison at all really.  Perhaps you can elaborate as to what
features Microsoft Works has that LaTeX has?