[plug] ppp dialup problems

Bruce Fountain Bruce.Fountain at mi-services.com
Thu Oct 19 08:35:56 WST 2000

David Griffiths (griffith at environ.wa.gov.au) wrote:

> Bruce, TR usually stands for Terminal Ready. If you haven't done it
> already, your best bet would be to do some more tests with
> minicom first,
> to prove that it's not a modem problem, eg typing in some AT
> commands by
> hand.

Something seems a bit odd. When I run minicom it definitely talks
to the modem, but the data it displays is rubbish (non-ascii
characters). I tried a couple of the AT commands people mentioned
here, and something seems to happen but of course it is a bit hard
to tell when you can't read the output. I tried "ATD" (which I
assume is a dial command) - the "OH" light came on and the modem
made that noise that it normally makes just before dialling.

Any idea why the minicom output would be strange? Any pointers
to documentation of the AT commands?

Regards,

Bruce.

This email and any files transmitted with it from Mi Services
Group may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact
nzpostmaster at mi-services.com and do not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.