[plug] ppp dialup problems

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Oct 19 09:00:43 WST 2000

Hello Bruce

It seams that the computer has some form of connection to the modem so
lets say the ttyS? is working via minicom. During all your testing have
you turned off/ powered down the modem for a few minutes. I have
experienced a number of times a seamingly dead modem come back to life
after a 5 minute power off. This may also explain the line noise
characters being returned in response to your at commands.

Navarre

<trim>