T1 (was Re: [plug] Mailing list archive)

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Sep 6 14:05:46 WST 2000

At 01:52 PM 9/6/00 +0200, Tony Clark wrote:

>quoting Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au>:
>Lots of places use T1 not just the USA.

That is true. Japan and Canada for example, although, Canada is perhaps
cheating, as it is almost the 53rd state of the Union.

>                                         Hong Kong and China come to
>mind.

I would be surprised. The Ex series is more rational than the Tx series,
and major Telco in HK is tightly plugged into Europe. However, I do not
know for sure.

>      They actually use a mix of E1 and T1.

This would seem very unlikely, as the framing formats are very different.
You would need special equipment to convert between them.

>                                            Mind you, I haven't ever
>heard of T1 being used in Oz, so I suggest Bret makes another 15 calls
>and clears that bit of mis-information up  :-)

That is correct. As others have said, E1 etc are used in Australia.

>tony
>
>Contract Digital Design
>Mobile +46 702 894 667

Regards