[plug] FAQ - alpha release

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 18 12:30:28 WST 2000

skribe wrote:

> Here's the alpha-release version of the PLUG FAQ.  I apologise in advance
> if there are problems with formatting.  If you spot any problems please
> forward them to me.  Also if you have anything that should be added contact
> me with the relevant details.

1.4 should include the three different rates of membership fees.

1.5 should mention things like having voting rights, being able to
contribute to rpomoting Linux use and understanding, etc.

1.6 - "they meet" should be replaced by "- meetings are held" -
otherwise, PLUG sounds like something and someone else.

2.4 - flames and trolling; flaming appears to have been acceptable, and,
trolling appears to have amused many. Perhaps. the status of each,
should be clarified.

2.5 - dead link. Returns:
"Yahoo! - Document Not Found

The document you requested was not found.

The category you are trying to reach may have moved. To find a relocated
category, try searching on the category
name in Yahoo!.

If you still have problems, please send us email.
"

2.6 I thought that trolls were done as practical jokes. This is not
mentioned. (I may, however, be wrong)

6.1 I believe that iinet also sells copies. Also, if it is still on
Wellington Street, The Software Centre (that is where we bought RH 6.0
boxed set). Also, Harvey Norman (the Cannington shop sells vraious
distributions).

6.2 Trinix sells Linux boxes - they should be "Linux-friendly".

7.1 General - what about www.li.org? tucows? Also,
http://linux.cnet.com/linux/

8.1 - what about thanking Tennyson, for hosting the meetings, and, UCC?
    Also, does Linux Australia host the domain name, or, WASP? I thought
that WAP does (though, once again, I may be wrong...)

Anyway, it is good to see the FAQ being done. Hope the above is helpful
and useful.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988